Monday, January 14, 2013

Staff,

What a nice week we are starting.  I feel refreshed after some reading, shoveling and skiing.  This week we will be diving into our informational text book trailers.  It will take several weeks to complete them.  I'd like 2nd - 5th to bring their non-fiction books to the computer lab during their computer time for the next several weeks.  They do not have to check them in until we are done with this project.  Also, I will let them check out 2 fiction books when they come for the library time.  There should be a total of 3 checked out to each 2nd-5th grader until we complete as much as possible on the "book trailers."

For the Kindergarten - 1st grade please have them bring their non-fiction book to the computer lab.  We will be using them for their  projects.  Here is an example of one I created:  bookr (ex.)   Again, I will let K-1 check out 1 fiction book for a total of 2 until we complete the projects. If you'd like to try one yourself, the following link will guide you:  bookr (home page).   I'm hoping pairs of 1st graders will complete these projects.  With the Kindergarten groups I will most likely build several of the projects for them with their help.

Let me know if you have questions concerning the above.  Have a good day.  Again, here is a sample of "fiction" book trailers done in the past at Corral:  Book Trailers (link). This link is also on the Corral Drive Library page (at the bottom) under "student work."

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment